West Virginia University has several men’s basketball games during the upcoming 2021-22 season that will NOT be available for viewing via regular broadcast television by any TV provider. Instead, the games can be seen only via the ESPN+ streaming platform, a subscription internet service. According to WVU’s sports website, eight games will be televised only on Big 12 Now on ESPN+ during the regular season.
Customers must purchase their own subscriptions with ESPN+ in order to stream the service. Hardy Telecommunications is not allowed to purchase a subscription and stream the content on OneNet TV. With the Big 12 Now affiliation with ESPN+, more WVU sports are expected to be show exclusively on ESPN+ over time. For more information about ESPN+ and to sign up for the service, please visit the following link: https://plus.espn.com.
As of November 1, the following games are scheduled to be broadcast only via streaming on ESPN+:
- Oakland at WVU – 7 p.m. Tuesday, November 9
- Eastern Kentucky at WVU – 7 p.m. Friday, November 26
- Bellarmine at WVU – 7 p.m. Tuesday, November 30
- Radford at WVU – 4 p.m. Saturday, December 4
- Youngstown State at WVU – 6 p.m. Wednesday, December 22
- Kansas State at WVU – 2.m. Saturday, January 8
- Iowa State at WVU – 7 p.m. Tuesday, February 8
- TCU at WVU – 2 p.m. Saturday, March 5
Other games will air on one of the regular ESPN broadcast networks (ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU) or on CBS/CBS Sports Network.