Hardy’s office hours for customer walk-in traffic for our Moorefield, Wardensville, and Capon Bridge offices will be changing effective Tuesday, July 6, 2021. The new office hours will be 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This means those offices, which have been open until 5 p.m., will be closing 30 minutes earlier for customer walk-in traffic. Hardy employees will continue to answer telephone calls and respond to troubles until 5 p.m. After-hours procedures will continue to start at 5 p.m.
Hardy’s Lost River office will continue to be open to walk-in traffic from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. as it is currently.
Hardy Assistant General Manager Derek Barr said the change has come about due to changing customer habits, largely due to COVID-19.
“We’ve seen a tremendous increase in the number of customers using remote methods for payments, troubleshooting, and general inquiries,” Derek said. “At the same time, our number of walk-ins has greatly dropped. Over the past several weeks, we’ve averaged barely one customer per week walking in between 4:30 and 5 p.m. With those numbers, it just makes sense to standardize our hours for customer walk-ins across all of our offices.”
Derek encouraged customers to continue to do business remotely, citing Hardy’s various payment methods that don’t require coming in to an office. These methods include:
- We accept payments by phone. Simply call one of our offices at 304-897-9911 or 304-530-5000.
- Customers can pay online by credit card with our E-Care service through our website at hardynet.com. Through E-Care, customers also can be set up to receive their bills online, eliminating the need for paper bills through the U.S. Mail. We strongly suggest that customers sign up for this option.
- Customers can be set up for automatic withdrawal. Call our offices for details.
- Payments can be mailed to two of our offices: 2255 Kimseys Run Road, Lost River, WV 26810; and 121 South Main St., Moorefield, WV 26836.
- Payment drop boxes are located in the parking lots of our Moorefield, Lost River, and Wardensville office for after-hours payments. These boxes are checked regularly.
Many other services, including service troubles, can be resolved remotely and don’t require a technician to visit your home – in many cases we can troubleshoot with you and walk you through a solution. For after-hours telephone issues, call 304-897-9913 or 304-530-HELP (4357); for after-hours internet/TV issues, call 1-800-884-0778.
Derek said Hardy Telecommunications would continue to monitor the customer traffic flow for any changes and take appropriate measures to make sure customers’ needs are met.